You can help
environment, and yourself as well!
- Did you know that the USA disposes of more trash
daily than any other country in the world???
- Rather than re-use items, we tend to discard, and those discarded items have to go somewhere, usually a landfill,
they build up and build up...The amount of land is finite, but the trash problem is infinite.
- That's where you
come in - You can help reduce trash by recycling and buying items made of recycled material,
like some plastics,
or items made from fast growing plants like bamboo. Did you know that you can buy clothes,
towels, and furniture
made from natural bamboo???
- If you think it's not worth it to recycle,
- Remember, you, your children and your grandchildren have to live in this world...
- It takes 2-5 months for a piece of paper to
- A cigarette butt may take up to 25 years to
- plastic bags 10-20 years
- magazines and catalogs 40 years!!!
- tin cans up to 100 years
- aluminum cans maybe 500 years!!!!
- glass bottles may take up to 1 million years to
break down and disappear!
- BUT, worst of all, styrofoam and plastic
bottles, if thrown in a landfill, will NEVER DECOMPOSE!!!
- PLEASE RECYCLE!